Macro Express Forums

MEP & Craigslist

Just want to make sure this will work before I buy the software............

Can I created Macros that will fill in CL submit ad page, which will cut & paste from either a notepad or MS Word file. Only the Headline and Ad Body would come from the file, the price, location and email address boxes would be typed.

I'd like to create several macros that when executed will "fill out" the CL form using the "next" ad in my list, then the next one after that, etc...etc..... These macros would ideally take me to the captcha page (which I will manually handle)

Tried Imacros and it WILL NOT recognize the CL Post An Ad page.

Thanks

Download Macro Express, and try it yourself. The evaluation period is 30 days, which should be plenty of time to test whether MEP will work.

For the record, I have written MEP macros to automate tasks in Craigslist, and they have always worked reliably. Copying and pasting between applications via macros is a good project for novice script-writers. Usually there are challenges, but it's do-able.

Spamming craigslist is a bad idea. No matter what money you spend, you will eventually come to grief and your money will be wasted. CL uses timers on the posting forms to limit how quickly you can post. If your account is compromised (like by pissing off your local community by posting too much) you will be lucky to be able to post one ad an hour (and have it not get ghosted). For that, you can just post them by hand. If you use a CL account reposting an ad is very fast unless, once again, you have pissed people off, and then you probably won't be able to use HTML in an ad which means uploading any pics manually---very slow.

Can I created Macros that will fill in CL submit ad page, which will cut & paste from either a notepad or MS Word file. Only the Headline and Ad Body would come from the file, the price, location and email address boxes would be typed.

I'd like to create several macros that when executed will "fill out" the CL form using the "next" ad in my list, then the next one after that, etc...etc..... These macros would ideally take me to the captcha page (which I will manually handle)

Tried Imacros and it WILL NOT recognize the CL Post An Ad page.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Watch out for CL legal. If you make something keep it to yourself. There was a guy who made a Macro Express based product to automate cross-posting and other things and CL sued him and everyone involved. Essentially don't ever release any product into the wild for CL and don't ever use the term "Craig's List" in anything.