Jump to content
Macro Express Forums

Editing Text In Word


Recommended Posts

I receive Word documents that need to have text typed into the areas that have blank lines. The fields are always that same but are not always in the exact same location. They are also not selectable with the tab key. How do I command the cursor to find these and replace them with text? Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites


You may need help from a Word group; eg

Word forum

I think there is a way to "find a field" in Word, but have not done it myself. (? would you have to name the fields first, then go to them by "goto" or "find"?)

Best, Randall

[EDIT - maybe, alternatively, just use goto and cycle through the fields as "anyfield"; like tabbing?]

(post a document with your fields if you like and I'll have a look)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...