Macro Express Forums

Unchecking Quick Start Guide Doesn't Work-solved-

mgo

I've looked around in the help files, and done a search on this forum....The Menu of Sample Macros pops up whenever I start Macro Express, and whenever the computer boots up.

This seems to be a new problem...and I can't seem to get rid of that dialog. Any tips? Thanks.

The screenshot you provided indicates that you are running the macro file samples.mex. This file is installed in the same folder where the Macro Express program files are installed. You may want to consider creating a new macro file and moving all of the macros you have created into it. If you continue to use samples.mex then your macros will be overwritten the next time you install (or reinstall) Macro Express.

Macro Express allows you to have as many macro files as you wish. Each macro file can contain a virtually unlimited number of macros. However, Macro Express 3 will only allow one macro file to be opened at one time.

• 4 weeks later...
The screenshot you provided indicates that you are running the macro file samples.mex. This file is installed in the same folder where the Macro Express program files are installed. You may want to consider creating a new macro file and moving all of the macros you have created into it. If you continue to use samples.mex then your macros will be overwritten the next time you install (or reinstall) Macro Express.

Macro Express allows you to have as many macro files as you wish. Each macro file can contain a virtually unlimited number of macros. However, Macro Express 3 will only allow one macro file to be opened at one time.

Ok, thanks for the comment. I'll remember that. Since I've got my macros backed up and exported, I'm covered anyway. -mg