Macro Express Forums

Macro Express Alternatives

alexlimbert

How is it not compliant? I have it on several Vista machines and at least one user is 64b and I haven't had any complaints from her. But I am planning on rolling out more Vista 64b machines so I would like to know if something doesn't work. But you might look into AutoIT, I see it's 64b compliant now.

How is it not compliant? I have it on several Vista machines and at least one user is 64b and I haven't had any complaints from her. But I am planning on rolling out more Vista 64b machines so I would like to know if something doesn't work. But you might look into AutoIT, I see it's 64b compliant now.

You're saying it doesn't recognize window titles? I know I have macros that use window titles on her machine and I'm pretty sure they work. I'll have to double check next time I'm in. Can you give me a specific example of how it's not working? IE is it as simple as a window title scope limitation?

You're saying it doesn't recognize window titles? I know I have macros that use window titles on her machine and I'm pretty sure they work. I'll have to double check next time I'm in. Can you give me a specific example of how it's not working? IE is it as simple as a window title scope limitation?

Well, what do you know? I called support in early May of 2008 with Version 3.7b. Support told me that they knew of the problem and were waiting for a compiler for Vista 64. I left a message a month later (I am an Macro Express addict so one month without ME is like a year for me), but no one responded to my post. Since then there was release 3.7c and 3.7d. None of the notes mentioned that ME was now Vista 64 compliant so I assumed that the problem was being ignored. Until, low and behold, you shed light on the topic for me. That's great!!! I can continue to use my favorite software again!!! Thanks a million!!!

Alex

That's great. But take my words with a grain of salt as it's an assumption. I just know I have a user with 64b that hasn't complained about anything not working. But as we all know users don't necessarily report problems. So have you actually tested in 64b with the new version?