Macro Express Forums

How to adjust a single variable in my macro?

nuggles

i often have leave comments for others on a networking site i am on. i am finding the process of clicking the comment link, waiting for the load, navigating to the field box, etc.. to be incredibly bothersome the more comments i leave. i have written a macro that will write the same comment with the single click of the activation button. Great, but I am not looking to spam people, in many cases these are people i know and i want to be able to leave a personalized comment for them.

As such, I am wondering if perhaps there is a way to write in a variable command for the text input. So say, when I activate my macro, rather than it running through the whole process, fully automated with the same comment for all, instead it will prompt me via popup window to enter my message...then it will get to clicking around to leave that message for me.

Any ideas? A quick google search and search the help section in macro express turned up no easy solution

thanks very much

Sure. Variable Set String > Prompt For Value. Then use that variable in your script. Make a macro and paste this in there and run.

<TVAR2:01:02:FWhat would you like me to write?FFCenter:Center><TEXTTYPE:This is what you wrote: %T1%>

there is actually one other thing ive noticed. after it doest all the grunt work for me, i am left wherever the site dumps me after i leave a comment. i would my macro to to back in my browser three pages so i am left where i was when i first ran the macro...again, i did check google and the help, but not luck...what command should i use to tell macro express to go back a page in my browser? (firefox, fwiw).

Further, how do i tell the program to use two keystrokes simultaneously. For example, in my browswer, shift+tab will go backwards among the items in my current site...any way to work this in?

... i would my macro to to back in my browser three pages ... what command should i use to tell macro express to go back a page in my browser?

Look at the Firefox keyboard shortcuts.

how do i tell the program to use two keystrokes simultaneously.

Use this to do Shift+Tab:

Text Type: <SHIFTD><TAB><SHIFTU>

This may also work:

Text Type: <SHIFT><TAB>

This will go back in the Firefox browser:

Text Type: <ALTD><ARROW LEFT><ALTU><BACKSPACE>

And this may also work:

Text Type: <ALT><ARROW LEFT><BACKSPACE>

You could also record your URL in a variable and go back there. I know in IE you can hit F6 to get to the address bar where you could copy the URL. Then when you get to the end either F6 back into it and paste or use the web page launch command to get back. Of course I realize the command is probably different in FF. Mainly this is only more useful when its a variable number of page hops, otherwise using your browsers back command a few times is better.