Macro Express Forums

"wait for window title" problem...

koden

I use this command "wait for window title".

I use it a lot in a program running in internet explorer.

The problem is that sometimes the program has some respons time.

The window opens but the content ind the window is slower and opens later.

the command "wait for window title" see the window as opened and goes on to next step.

But the window is'nt fully opened.

Can I do anything about that?

In the moment i just put "delay" in the macro, but the days where the internet explorer program runs fine, it gives to much delays....

• 2 weeks later...
I can't find URL's to this kind of program running in explorer....

If you leave the URL blank in the Wait for Web Page command it will wait until Internet Explorer is not busy. This may work with the application you are automating.

In your first post you said 'internet explorer' in the last post you said 'explorer'. These are two different programs within Windows. Which program are you using?

Thanks...internet explorer

Great. The first thing to try is the Wait for Web Page command leaving the URL parameter blank. If that doesn't work then you may be able to use the Get Pixel Color to look for a specific color or colors on the page.

Great. The first thing to try is the Wait for Web Page command leaving the URL parameter blank. If that doesn't work then you may be able to use the Get Pixel Color to look for a specific color or colors on the page.

Kevin,

BTW, does that still work only for IE, or can I use it confidently in Firefox please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 3 months later...

I've had intermittent luck using "Wait for Web Page", it sometimes gets fooled by IE7 and the URL its waiting for. Get Pixel Color - did it for me.