Macro Express Forums

Clipboard copy fails with F7 stepthrough

This is odd. I have a macro that copies a phrase from a text to the clipboard. It does the job when I run the macro, but when I try to step through the macro with F7 the clipboard remains empty. Changing the delay pref or inserting delays doesn't help.

Try this with any text processing program (Notepad will do) containing some selected text. Try first with F7; then run it with Test Run. You might want to empty the clipboard first between runs.

<CLIPBOARD COPY/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x02" Destination="%TestText%"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang1033{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\lang4105\\f0\\fs16 Here is the text from the clipboard:\r\n\\par \r\n\\par %TestText%\\lang1033\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

Works fine for me. Just some random thoughts:

Are you on 4.0.1.1? Do you have "Switch Focus" enabled? Are you using any other clipboard utilities like ClipMate? Is your system slow at all? Possible ad-ware infection? What if you insert a delay? Does it work with F9? i not in F9 what if you insert a delay before the copyclip?

Before going any further I would boot to safe mode and try it again in there. I'm guessing it most likely that something else in your system is causing some interference or delays.

Works fine for me. Just some random thoughts:

Are you on 4.0.1.1? Do you have "Switch Focus" enabled? Are you using any other clipboard utilities like ClipMate? Is your system slow at all? Possible ad-ware infection? What if you insert a delay? Does it work with F9? i not in F9 what if you insert a delay before the copyclip?

Before going any further I would boot to safe mode and try it again in there. I'm guessing it most likely that something else in your system is causing some interference or delays.

Yes, I am on 4.0.1.1.

Yes, "Switch Focus" is enabled.

I am not using any other clipboard utitlities.

My system is a 2.8 Ghz P4 with 3GB of RAM. It is very responsive.

Adware infection is doubtful. I am using the new Norton. It seems to do a good job on adware.

I have tried half second delays before, after and throughout. No help.

F9 fails too.

But now, suddenly, F9 does work, but F7 still fails.

Inserting one second delays doesn't help.

I will now restart in safe mode, as you suggest.

My OS is XP.

I hesitate to trouble ISS with a report if I am the only one who can reproduce it. If the glitch is idiosyncratic, I don't want them to waste time on it--especially now that we have so recently benefited from all their good work in bringing us the new update.

Stan

I'm sorry. Allthough I boarded the Macro Express bus back in 2004, I have been inactive until recently, so I do not know how to submit a support incident. On the ISS site I find forms for reporting bugs and requesting features but nothing about "support incidents". Do I just send them an email? If so, should I mark it somehow as a support incident?

Don't forget mfseeker that this is not a forum hosted by ISS but rather a user to user forum. It's just really nice that the ISS guys hand out here so much. If you're not familiar with their web page you might want to check it out. Lots of good stuff there.