Macro Express Forums

On Error / Inline comments tabs

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have each tab on a command (e.g. On Error or Comments) acquire an underlined letter so that we can quickly access each tab by using Alt with the designated letter? As it's currently set up, we must either tab several times and then press the right arrow once or twice, or use the mouse. I don't find either option very attractive!

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have each tab on a command (e.g. On Error or Comments) acquire an underlined letter so that we can quickly access each tab by using Alt with the designated letter? As it's currently set up, we must either tab several times and then press the right arrow once or twice, or use the mouse. I don't find either option very attractive!

I'm with you Paul. I love hotkeys... that's why I use Macro Express. :)

In the most recent release of Macro Express Pro, Insight removed several accelerator keys because they conflicted with others. So essentially, some of the hotkeys did not work as advertised. (Look back at Macro Express 3, and you will find many hotkey conflicts that were never resolved. )

The other option would have been to reassign some hotkeys. But with any complex application, it becomes difficult to find unique keys. At a certain point, you run out of keys, and the only way to keep everything working is for the developers to change the names of objects all over the application. That is not a good option, either.

For almost everything that I access frequently in Macro Express, I create a macro. Most are activated by hotkeys, but some are triggered by ShortKeys and Window Titles. One of the best things about Macro Express is that you can create macros to make it work the way you need it to!

Maybe I've misunderstood? Having opened a command, using Ctl+Tab gets me straight to On Error, and repeating that brings up Comments. (Or, for the latter, a click on the Comments tool is faster.)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Maybe I've misunderstood? Having opened a command, using Ctl+Tab gets me straight to On Error, and repeating that brings up Comments. (Or, for the latter, a click on the Comments tool is faster.)

Ha - I didn't spot that non-standard use of Ctrl-Tab. Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for - how did you find it?

Ha - I didn't spot that non-standard use of Ctrl-Tab. Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for - how did you find it?

I think I've sort of always known it :)

Ctrl + Tab and Shift + Ctrl + Tab work in many contexts to move between tabbed pages. Sometimes Ctrl + PageUp and Ctrl + PageDown are supported, as well.