Macro Express Forums

Multiple Choice Menu Whine

I know it's probably already on ISS's mile-long list of bugs to fix, but this is just plain annoying:

This is my multiple choice menu - as small as I can make it and still see all the text.

post-2634-1243129598_thumb.jpg

If I continue shrinking it horizontally, down to the the size it would be if the Prompt Text didn't start vanishing off to the left, then I not only lose the prompt text, I also lose the bottom-most option!

post-2634-1243129623_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I know ISS is swamped, and I do appreciate the hard work they do to get these things worked out as quickly as possible. A cynical person might focus on the fact that the product was released full of bugs and the purchasing customer is essentially a paying beta-tester - however, as frustrating as some of these issues are, I still have way too much respect for the ISS folks to compare them to Microsoft very seriously.

Steve,

Because of the lost missing bottom entry, that reminds me of a minor bug I reported about a month ago, assigned ISS6758, which I've pasted below:

"Macro Express Pro - Longer names in pop-up or floating menu: the default column is not wide enough

When you display a pop-up or floating menu, ME Pro neatly sizes it to exactly fit the number of macros it displays. But for longish names the default column is not wide enough. Yet when that is manually dragged wider, an unnecessary vertical scroll bar appears and the bottom macro disappears.

Also, the window is not resizeable in standard fashion. You can resize it but none of the extra space is usable (either horizontally or vertically)."

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

My wish is that we simply have more control over how it displays. Like a column width, number of columns and such. Especially for cases where we are generating lists on the fly.

• 9 months later...
My wish is that we simply have more control over how it displays. Like a column width, number of columns and such. Especially for cases where we are generating lists on the fly.

The flaws reported by Scasper seem the same as those I reported earlier, now nearly a year ago, assigned ticket ISS6758. Both are still present in floating and pop-up menus as well as multiple choice displays.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK