Macro Express Forums

Starting a new and very simple macro please

Greetings, and gratitude for this Forum. I have worked with many macros and desire only the simplest one from MacroExpress. If someone can be kind enough to show me that MacExp can do it, I will buy the pro version immediately. I have tried Wizards etc. They are not intuitively doing what I need to intuit. My fault no doubt.

Here is what i need MacExp Trial Version to do:

Right Click

Accept a character, "V"

ALT+S

OK.

If this trivial task is shown somewhere else, then please just guide me to it. Once again, much thanks for any assistance.

I'm certain MEP is up to the task however I'm a little foggy about that it is you want to do.

1. How would the macro know where to right click?
  2. By "Accept a character" do you mean take variable user input?
  3. By "OK" do you mean click on an OK button?
  4. What application will this be running in?
  5. How would you like to activate the macro?

Right Click

Accept a character, "V"

ALT+S

OK.

You do not give us much to go on, but my guess is that you want something like this:

// Move mouse to position X, Y relative to either the screen or window...

// Use "Mouse Locator" utility to discover the value of X and Y. Assume X=10, Y= 20

Mouse Move 10, 20

Mouse Right Click

// Wait for context menu to appear

Wait 200 milliseconds

// Choose the menu item that begins with a "V" (or uses "V" as an accelerator)...

Text Type v

// Wait for dialog box to appear

Wait 200 milliseconds

// Activate the default OK button

Text Type Enter

I'm certain MEP is up to the task however I'm a little foggy about that it is you want to do.

1. How would the macro know where to right click?
  2. By "Accept a character" do you mean take variable user input?
  3. By "OK" do you mean click on an OK button?
  4. What application will this be running in?
  5. How would you like to activate the macro?

Hi Cory, from a bit north of you, in Victoria BC:

First, thanks for the time and effort of replying.

To answer your points;

1) Initially at least, I will place the cursor over an image, then it will Right Click.

2) Instead of me typing "a" or "v" for save, the macro would do so, after the click.

3) By ok I mean "enter".

4) I am going to all this minor league trouble and cost of Mac Exp because I have an excellent "mouse for the left hand" in the form of a Logitech G-13 game keyboard, which can do many extremley useful things, but has very limited macro ability. Entering a character is one of the limits. Logitech Gamers suggest using up and down arrows which of course are never constant etc.

5) I would give the G-13 the Key shortcut call used by Mac Exp which would launch the macro.

6) Applications are anything which calls for a drop down menu, or series of them.

7) If I get this first simple (Left or Right) Click+Character + Enter, I can extend as necessary.

8) This is all being handled by a new i7 950 processor with Corsair's first solid state drive so although many levels are being invoked for a trivial action, it will all happen more or less as the G-13 button is pressed.

Hope this gives you necessary info.

I grew up in Billings, MT and my HS buddy and garage band lead guitar was from Vancouver. Nice city. Have you ever skied at Whistler?

I have no doubt MEP can do what you want but I am perplexed why you would write a macro that's not really going to save you any steps.

1- So you're just looking for the keyboard sequence, eh? That's easy.

2- How will the macro know whether to type V or A? I will assume that you will have different macros for each.

7- It looks like all you need to do it execute a right mouse click, text type command, wait for OK, and type enter.

<MOUSE RIGHT CLICK/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="200"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="v"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Title of your Window" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0" _COMMENT="Assuming you have a popup confirmation box for OK."/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>"/>

MEP can do much more and I have a feeling if I looked over your shoulder we could make something even move clever with activations and such but for now give this a try.