Macro Express Forums

Cannot assign hotkey - bug?

I have a disabled global macro with a hotkey activation (don't think it matters but it's Win+Ctl+d). I made a new global macro (it's intended to be a possible improvement) but MEPro won't let me assign the same hotkey (without insisting it be scoped).

Bug?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I created a macro in similar fashion to what you described and it allowed me to create the macro but made the warning and set the scope to Win/Pro Specific. However when the macro opened I was able to change the scope back to global and save with no problem. Took 2 seconds.

I take it you're suggesting it shouldn't adjust the scope then the other macro is disabled. First I could see arguments that even if the macro is disabled one might want to take the same measures they do when it's active but I could see a point of view otherwise. Second it's so easy to rectify it's hardly an annoyance. I'm guessing if you reported it they would would claim that this is designed behavior.

I created a macro in similar fashion to what you described and it allowed me to create the macro but made the warning and set the scope to Win/Pro Specific. However when the macro opened I was able to change the scope back to global and save with no problem. Took 2 seconds.

I take it you're suggesting it shouldn't adjust the scope then the other macro is disabled. First I could see arguments that even if the macro is disabled one might want to take the same measures they do when it's active but I could see a point of view otherwise. Second it's so easy to rectify it's hardly an annoyance. I'm guessing if you reported it they would would claim that this is designed behavior.

It was a while before I discovered the restriction wasn't permanent, so now I agree with you, it's no big deal.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK