Macro Express Forums

to upgrade or not

Hello guys,

i have been away for a while and just wanted to say hi to all the people that have helped out before. I am thinking about upgrading to the newest build as the one, i am using is 4.0.1.1 and has been steady for a while. But now i am getting a few gliches in it when switching to a new macro.

I have had no problems out of it for several months and the last two weeks a bug or something has come into the play every few days. It will finish a step and move the next step being the next macro tied to a larger string of macros and hang. I pause the macro and the correct name pops up but it will not do anything else.

So should i upgrade or not. i have a very efficient program running now and i live by the "if it aint broken, dont try to fix it" life style.

thanks

MBone :ph34r:

Hello guys,

i have been away for a while and just wanted to say hi to all the people that have helped out before. I am thinking about upgrading to the newest build as the one, i am using is 4.0.1.1 and has been steady for a while. But now i am getting a few gliches in it when switching to a new macro.

I have had no problems out of it for several months and the last two weeks a bug or something has come into the play every few days. It will finish a step and move the next step being the next macro tied to a larger string of macros and hang. I pause the macro and the correct name pops up but it will not do anything else.

So should i upgrade or not. i have a very efficient program running now and i live by the "if it aint broken, dont try to fix it" life style.

thanks

MBone :ph34r:

Hey MBone,

My experience with the last build was buggy as heck. The current build couldn't come fast enough. However, the current build (as much as it fixed the bugs that were crashing my MEP several time every hour), does have a tendency to overwhelm my processor bringing all functionality (besides mouse movements) to a near halt. The only fix being a long and arduous Task Manager > End MacExp.exe approach, or outright hard-reboot of my system (when I'm not patient enough to take the Task Manager route).

I don't know if there is an actual ISS ticket number for this, but there have been a lot of reports on the forums about it (see This topic before making your decision).

The other thing is a sort of piece of mind. IE if you see a bug you will always wonder "Did 4.1 fix that?" Also none of us here will take your complaints of bugs and crashes very seriously unless you're on the current version. :)