Macro Express Forums

Sometimes lose right click - bug?

Although I installed 4.1.1.1 recently, the following behaviour has been occurring for some months in previous versions.

What's been happening is that, in my video editor, Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus (MEP15), I'd suddenly lose the right click context menu facility. Previously I've always closed MEP15 and restarted. But today, after the 5th occurrence in an hour, I found that the same problem existed in other applications too. And also on my desktop. IOW, r-click did nothing. Then I closed ME Pro and r-click menus were recovered. Hence my speculation that it might be a bug.

Anyone else seen similar behaviour please?

Next time it happens, instead of closing ME Pro I'll try resetting keyboard & mouse hooks.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I suggested a "Wait for Right Context Menu" feature to Insight some time ago and I don't think there is a current capability. I made my own which works OK for my use although it's a bit cumbersome (it's such a pain waiting milliseconds!). However, the sequence in which it is called sometimes ends up hanging at that point. I'm not sure whether that is a function of saving off the WWW, my incompetent programming or right context menu issue.

I wrote my macro because the context menu time can be so variable - more likely to be a function of my old pc with too many applications. If you google it I think you will find it has been quite a common issue with no easy solution. Terry seems to have a more specific issue.

For about the last 24 hours I've had ME Pro unloaded and so far I've not had a reoccurrence of the 'lost right click' problem in Movie Edit Pro.

Before that i was getting it several times per hour. It's too early to be sure, but it is looking like a bug in 4.1.1.1.

I installed that after reading Cory's post some days ago, thinking it was announced. I may revert to the previous version, but regretfully, as this one has fixed lots of bugs. Although I had the same problem with 4.1.0.1, it seemed far less frequent.

No one else with similar problem in any (complex, graphics/video) application?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK