Macro Express Forums

Hotkey activation delay

Some time ago someone was talking about delays, I think with shortkeys, and in the last few weeks I've noticed one and thought I would report it FWIW.

I have a very simple macro that types out the time like "2010/02/22 0903" which I use constantly in my tasks logs and such. So often I switch to a task, hammer the hotkey and start typing. I'm not a fast typist but several times I'll get a few characters in front of the date stamp. Also there is a noticeable delay which normally I would dismiss as a perceptual glitch but here I got proof in those few characters. So there definitely is at times a substantial delay.

In thinking about it I believe that it's mainly happening in the morning. EG this morning I was doing this or that on the computer and just now tried to use my date stamp macro and got the delay. But the next time it worked normally. I think it's the first time I used that macro today so maybe that has something to do with it.

Some time ago someone was talking about delays, I think with shortkeys, and in the last few weeks I've noticed one and thought I would report it FWIW.

In thinking about it I believe that it's mainly happening in the morning. EG this morning I was doing this or that on the computer and just now tried to use my date stamp macro and got the delay.

So you're suggesting that computers are more like humans than we realized? I'm usually not at my best in the mornings either!

So you're suggesting that computers are more like humans than we realized? I'm usually not at my best in the mornings either!

Yeah I tried to feed it some coffee but that had disastrous results. ;-)