Macro Express Forums

IF Mouse Cursor missing option

Unlike ME3, the IF Mouse Cursor command in ME Pro no longer includes the cursor that looks like this:

<-||->

I miss that badly. Is there a script or something that I could invoke in MEPro macros to achieve this please? Although I'm still not an AutoIt! user, I reckon I could handle a pre-written script.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

And this mouse cursor is called what under ME3?

AutoIt offers these:

UNKNOWN (this includes pointing and grabbing hand icons)

APPSTARTING

ARROW

CROSS

HELP

IBEAM

ICON

NO

SIZE

SIZEALL

SIZENESW

SIZENS

SIZENWSE

SIZEWE

UPARROW

WAIT

HAND

And this mouse cursor is called what under ME3?

It's H Split (and has its counterpart, V Split). So, unless it has a different name, it looks like it's not in the AutoiIt repertoire?

--

AutoIt offers these:

UNKNOWN (this includes pointing and grabbing hand icons)

APPSTARTING

ARROW

CROSS

HELP

IBEAM

ICON

NO

SIZE

SIZEALL

SIZENESW

SIZENS

SIZENWSE

SIZEWE

UPARROW

WAIT

HAND

When the If Mouse Cursor options were first implemented we tested each one and added all of them that we could. A couple of years later someone reported a problem with one of the mouse cursors. Upon investigation we discovered several that no longer worked. (We suspect that Microsoft changed something in Windows that made them unavailable.) The non-functioning options were removed.

We will check these options in Macro Express and Macro Express Pro to see if there are discrepancies. It may be that some of the options need to be removed from Macro Express 3.

We will check these options in Macro Express and Macro Express Pro to see if there are discrepancies. It may be that some of the options need to be removed from Macro Express 3.

I discussed this with you and Stan via the ticketed support system over a year ago, and also with others in this forum in this thread, with examples. That not only covered the dropped cursor types but also gave details of buggy results from many types in ME Pro.

--