Macro Express Forums

Web Site command

Internet Options > General tab > Tabs section Settings button > "Open links from other programs in:" section.

Thanks for a speedy reply!

"New tab in the current window"* is checked. And it keeps on opening the new windows as before.

*It's my translation of it, I'm using Polish language version.

Try putting a 2 second delay between the attempt to open each new site in Internet Explorer. When spending time evaluating and modifying the Define Word Take 5 I discovered that the amount of delay needed to make the macro reliable varied dramatically between browsers. On my computers Firefox needed 0.01 second delay, Opera 1, Safari 0.75, Chrome 0.01 but IE 2.0 needed 2.0 seconds.

This behavior is a result of how each browser works. It is not related to Macro Express itself.

The Define Word Take 5 macro determines which browser is in use and adjusts the delays accordingly. Feel free to download and modify it for your needs.

Try putting a 2 second delay between the attempt to open each new site in Internet Explorer. When spending time evaluating and modifying the Define Word Take 5 I discovered that the amount of delay needed to make the macro reliable varied dramatically between browsers. On my computers Firefox needed 0.01 second delay, Opera 1, Safari 0.75, Chrome 0.01 but IE 2.0 needed 2.0 seconds.

I even added a 5 second delay and it still keeps opening new windows. Dumb IE.

Thanks for the tip Kevin