Macro Express Forums

Macro Express Pro v 4.4.0.1

Macro Express Pro v 4.4.0.1 is now available. This version includes many important changes including some that address the problem where Windows 7 slows down dramatically while running Macro Express Pro. Additional changes include:

• A portable version is now available for use on portable devices.
  • Added Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to the 'Get OS Version String' and 'If OS Version' commands.
  • Now handles Read Only and protected macro files better.
  • Many enhancements were made to the Multiple Choice Menu command.
  • Improved the Wait for File to be Ready command.
  • Enhancements to improve how variables are handled and created.
  • Made a change that should prevent dialogs appearing underneath other dialogs.
  • Improved recovery when an FTP command gets an error.
  • Variable values in the Variables Debug window are now updated correctly when debugging with the Clear Variables or Variable Restore commands.

For a complete list of changes see the Macro Express Pro v 4.4.0.1 Release Notes. Download Macro Express Pro from the Macro Express download page.

The Macro Express News - November 12, 2012 contains more information along with tips and sample macros.

Looks good. I did find one glitch with multi-choice dialogs. On existing dialogs (ones I made a long time ago), if I use 'Set Position Manually' then drag to reduce the width, the title text gets obscured, as though there was a reserved bit of whitespace to the right of it.