Macro Express Forums

Irfanview

Cory

Irfanview website

IrfanView is a very cool free program for doing basic manipulation of photographs. It's very powerfull, thin and fast but best of all the author wrote it so that almost everythign is keypad driven. It's not a photo editor like photoshop but it will do about everythign else besides put your exgirlfriends head on a dog. I've used it for years and it's very good. The reason I mention it here is because of it's speed, batch capabilities, and keyboard interface it's a perfect match for ME. However many of it's batch processing tools negate the need for ME. If you check it out just look at the keyboard shortcuts to all the commands and you will see what I mean. And if you need any advice on how to use it feel free to ask me. cory@bluepointdesign.com

I just downloaded it last week for development of a ME macro to convert JPG images to TIF using one of it's many command line arguments. I was certainly impressed with the speed of Irfanview to perform this task without having to start GUI. I havn't used any of it's manual tools yet but the command line arguments are exactly what I was looking for.