Macro Express Forums

4000 Macros are too much?

I noticed that that the MEX Pro - Explorer Window consumes often up to 40% of my CPU! Is this normal? I have 4445 Makros.

As it´s not necessary for MEX Pro to run i often close it for this reason. Is it possible to restart it via a macro?

Acessing the MacEdit.exe via "Program launch" leads to the message

"The editor must be launched from the player."

In Macros View i have the columns:

Nickname, Activations, Scope, Index, Modifyed, Last Run Time

Wasn´t there also a column "category"? How do i locate a macro (folder/catgory) in the view "All Categories"

Thank You

Alexandra

On my computers, Macro Express does not consume as much CPU is yours. Not nearly as much.

I have about 700 Macro Express scripts, with one-third disabled at any time. So I have 400 or 500 active macros.

Presumably only the active scripts draw system resources.

During the past 1 1/2 months, I have run about 150 macros. Which means that I use only one third of all my active macros regularly (or semi-regularly).

Have you tried disabling most of your scripts, and rechecking CPU usage?

Or creating a new macro file, and importing only your most important scripts?

You do not need macros to restart Macro Express. Create a shortcut to macexpro.exe and place it on the desktop. Open its properties, and assign a "shortcut key" to activate the shortcut. Alternatively, don't assign a shortcut key, and go to the desktop when you need to restart Macro Express, and double click the shortcut icon.

Please read my post again.

Not Macro Express (macexpro.exe) itself but the Explorer Window of MEX consumes the power. Therefore i´m closing it and looking for a way to start it via a shortcut.

Ascessing the MacEdit.exe directly as i mentioned is not possible!

Thank You

Alexandra