Macro Express Forums

Copy paste the colors TOO ?

Wtf, I'm not sure you understood, I speak about the background of the code (the purple color), and the text color. The template/theme of my code... It's good to make it more clean and pleasant, but if I copy past a part of code, the color go. If you understood, I can't agree your logic, when I copy a part of code it look like :

<IF VARIABLE Variable="%barre_changed%" Condition="\x00" Value="1" IgnoreCase="FALSE" _FORE="00FFFFFF" _BACK="00FF8080"/>

It's RLY ez to put something like "color=#165165"... Wait I see there is _FORE="00FFFFFF" _BACK="00FF8080"

So why it don't copy ? 

Request this as a feature. 

I have a workaround: I defined hotkey macros to automate changing colours. For example, here is the code for switching the background colour to yellow.

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>e // Activate &Edit menu
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ARROW UP><ARROW DOWN> // Unfurl menu...
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <END> // Go to last item on menu
Repeat Start (Repeat 6 times) // Select "Background Color"
  Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ARROW UP>
End Repeat
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER>
Wait for Window Title: Color
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <HOME> // Go to top left corner...
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ARROW RIGHT> // Navigate to Yellow
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <SPACE> // Select Yellow
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER> // Done!
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>e" _COMMENT="Activate &Edit menu"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ARROW UP><ARROW DOWN>" _COMMENT="Unfurl menu..."/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<END>" _COMMENT="Go to last item on menu"/>
<REPEAT START Start="1" Step="1" Count="6" Save="FALSE" _COMMENT="Select \"Background Color\""/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ARROW UP>"/>
<END REPEAT/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Color" Partial="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="2"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<HOME>" _COMMENT="Go to top left corner..."/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ARROW RIGHT>" _COMMENT="Navigate to Yellow"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<SPACE>" _COMMENT="Select Yellow"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>" _COMMENT="Done!"/>

With the macro, the task of restoring background colours is not too onerous. But I agree it would be best if MEP remembered the colours when copying, pasting, and duplicating.

3 hours ago, ikodan said:

Wtf, I'm not sure you understood, I speak about the background of the code (the purple color), and the text color. The template/theme of my code... It's good to make it more clean and pleasant, but if I copy past a part of code, the color go. If you understood, I can't agree your logic, when I copy a part of code it look like :

<IF VARIABLE Variable="%barre_changed%" Condition="\x00" Value="1" IgnoreCase="FALSE" _FORE="00FFFFFF" _BACK="00FF8080"/>

It's RLY ez to put something like "color=#165165"... Wait I see there is _FORE="00FFFFFF" _BACK="00FF8080"

So why it don't copy ? 

OK, your screenshot was of the command text, not the code, so I misunderstood.

Now that I'm singing from the same hymn sheet, I agree. IMO that seems an odd omission. The background code for a command gets copied to the clipboard and correctly  pasted to a text editor - but not to that macro or another one. It appears to be deliberately stripped out.

I don't use colours much, but if it's a regular part of your work approach then I'd do as you already have: request it as a feature.