Macro Express Forums

Finding a box on a webpage and then clicking it

I am trying to repeat various actions on paginated webpages, and I have a macro that just recorded my mouse movements and works reasonably well. But not perfect, since the boxes do not always appear in the right place. Hence the following two questions:

• image.png.e7a7b5d5fc989e409dc65d7d91f86b5b.png is there a way of finding this box then clicking on it in a way that does not involve using the mouse ? 
  • image.png.efc888e7dcdcc247998d8e0e170a2d25.png and then the same here: is there a way to reliably jump to the next page - again without using a mouse?

Thanks much for any advice!

I don't have much time here but I would like to mention an alternative. After thousands of hours of trying to find boxes and do anything in a web browser with MEP and a mouse, I gave up and learned to do everything by keyboard, mostly using the tab key. Hit the home button and count the number of tabs to the control you want. 

You may be able to combine Cory's technique with searching for text on the page.

Something like this:

Type: <CONTROL>f  //Find

// Insert short delay, maybe 100 ms

Type: Select 1 - 100<ENTER>

Type: <ESC>  // Cancel the search

// Insert short delay

Type: <SHIFT><TAB>  // Navigate to the check box and give it focus

Type: <SPACE>  // Check the checkbox