Macro Express Forums

Wait for Mouse Cursor Change

In Version 3, one of the most useful Wait options (for me) was the recently introduced "Wait for Mouse Cursor Change." It triggered when the mouse cursor changed from one shape to another.

I am not finding this in Version 4. Is the command on holiday, AWOL, or has it been moved?

I'm not finding it under Timing in Version 4. This is what "Wait for Cursor Change" looks like in Version 3:

I can confirm that the Wait for Mouse Cursor command is located under the Timing category (by default).

It is its very own command in Macro Express Pro and is located between Wait for Middle Mouse Click

and Wait for Not Mouse Cursor - just a little past half way down the Timing category menu.

This is unfortunate. I meant to complain about it some time ago in the beta program but got distracted by other issues. This sucks but really one generally knows what the next cursor is so it can be worked around.

This is unfortunate. I meant to complain about it some time ago in the beta program but got distracted by other issues. This sucks but really one generally knows what the next cursor is so it can be worked around.

Hello friends at Insight Software Solutions:

So... is it a bug?

Indeed this option is missing from the Wait Mouse Cursor command. And converting a Macro Express 3 macro containing this command causes Macro Express Pro to crash. We'll fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The tracking number for this issue is [iSS6496].