Macro Express Forums

Prompt Box should be populated by suggested default response

Please see attached image.  I'm using Variable Set Integer via prompt.  When the little box pops onto the screen asking what value to put in, there is a "0" shown, which can be changed as user types another number.  Is it possible to show a 'default' value of, say, 5, in the little box, and if user presses Enter, the 5 is then used.  No need to type 5.  It's set up beforehand as the default value?

2023-12-29 23_28_06-Macro Express Pro - Script Editor [ToS, New set of Options, Calls (15 window)(2).png

Variable Set Integer %x% to 5
Variable Set Integer %x%: Prompt

It's also possible to set the default value to whatever it was the last time the macro ran. If you do this, I don't think it's possible (or perhaps would be easy) to specify the default value the first time you run the macro.

Variable Restore: Restore All Variables
Variable Set Integer %x%: Prompt
Variable Save: Save All Variables

• Like 1

PS: You've included a space in the variable name:

%Subwindow 08%

I thought a space wasn't a legal character in a variable name, but apparently it is. However, I can imagine doing so might lead to problems. So consider either deleting the space, or replacing it with a hyphen or underscore:

%Subwindow08%

%Subwindow-08%

%Subwindow_08%