Macro Express Forums

How to delete a macro file

johnboy691

Over time, different files have been opened (made) by going to FILE / NEW MACRO FILE, and new macros have been made in them or copied to them. Going back and forth between them is done by going to FILE and REOPEN in ME. If I no longer need the macros is a particular file...I can delete them...but I can't seem to actually get rid of the file. If I go back to FILE / REOPEN the file is still there, even if there are no more macros still in it. Is there a way to get rid of it?, completely.

Those are just MRUDs (Most recently used documents). Just because there is a file listed there it doesn’t mean it actually still exists. It’s just remembering recent file paths you have used.

There may be a way to reset this list in ME but I am unaware of it. They are stored in the registry so yo could go in there an delete tehm if you need to. But there really is no need. As you open more files those will overwrite the old items in the MRUD list.

You cannot delete the file from within Macro Express. However, the file can be deleted by using My Computer or File Explorer. Just browse to the location where the file is stored and then right click on it and select Delete.

Macro Files have an extension of .mex. You can see the current macro file's location in the Macro Explorer above the list of macros.

They are stored in the registry so yo could go in there an delete tehm if you need to.

Cory is correct on this. The MRUs are located at HCKU\Software\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express\MRU. They may also be in the HKLM area (same path but beginning at HKLM instead of HKCU).

Simply delete the data values numbered 1 through 7, but only if you are comfortable with deleting things in your Registry.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually..... If ME is successfully making changes to the MRUD then you do have access to the registry since everything ME does is with your account. If they block the use of regedit then simply use ME to edit those values.