Macro Express Forums

Macro Typing Extra Keys

I created a macro that waits 30 seconds and then checks for a running program. If the program is running, it waits 5 minutes and terminates the process if it is still running:

<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="30"/>
<IF PROGRAM Option="\x01" Program="WINSCP.EXE"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x00" Time="300"/>
<IF PROGRAM Option="\x01" Program="WINSCP.EXE"/>
<TERMINATE PROCESS Window="FALSE" Name="WINSCP.EXE" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Timeout="1000"/>
<END IF/>
<END IF/>
<MACRO STOP/>

When the macro finishes executing, it types a keystroke. When I had Excel open, it typed a period in the active cell. When I have the cmd or Matlab open, it types the letter 'e' as it exits. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Angela

Macro Beginner

This macro is not typing the text, it has to be something else. Perhaps another macro or other such utility? Try exporting that macro to a single macro file and open only that macro and run it. Also close down any other utilities you might have open. Even run it in Safe Mode with Networking. You might try it with a different process as well. Oh, and make sure you're running 4.0.2.1

Come to think of it there was something a while back I vaguely remember where someone was doing something in excel and was seeing something like what you describe. Geesh, how would one search for that...

FYI Macro Express has built in FTP capabilities. It's limited but is often more easily integrated into macro than commanding another application.

The more I think about it the more I'm certain I've seen this before. I seem to remember the original complaint was from a user in Excel and I noticed it was doing a different character in Notepad. But I can't find any posts on it. But I seem to remember it was reported as a bug but I'm not sure. Maybe Kevin can remember.

Cory, Yes, that was me. I was only seeing it with Playable Macros though and 4.0.2.1 fixed it.

Alan Monaghan, Kirkcaldy, Scotland

Dude, thanks. It was driving me bonkers. Do you have a thread ID for it? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I suspect she has an older version.

That's a nice looking town you have there. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to start a Google map with push-pins for all the forum members who aren't hiding from the government. We have such a diverse group of folks and it might be fun to see all the place and see who might be near you.

Dude, thanks. It was driving me bonkers. Do you have a thread ID for it? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I suspect she has an older version.

That's a nice looking town you have there. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to start a Google map with push-pins for all the forum members who aren't hiding from the government. We have such a diverse group of folks and it might be fun to see all the place and see who might be near you.

Nice idea. Meanwhile it would be good to simply see a member's Profile, but (as I reported some weeks ago in http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3711 post #5) you just get:

"Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature."

BTW, until I saw monaghana's post, I thought the answer to your query about a similar post was my thread here:

http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3722

To answer your other query, luckily that contained some keywords longer than 3 characters which I remembered, so I was able to find it! ;)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK