Macro Express Forums

Detecting null clipboard?

First, OT, is there any way to use this forum's Search that will allow AND combinations? I'm sure I've successfully used it before, either here or in other IP.Board forums, in the form:

clipboard and null

or

clipboard AND null

which would find threads containing both the words 'clipboard' and 'null'.

But it seems to deliver results as if I was using OR, so I get hundreds of irrelevant ones.

Meanwhile, can anyone remind me how I detect that I've just copied a 'null' or 'empty' value to the clipboard please? I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the practical conclusion.

After such a copy (with TextType Ctl+c) my clipboard always contains whatever the last 'proper' string was.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• Like 1

AND queries on the board

................................................................................

"+clipboard + null"

And if you have problems, especially with the 3 letter limit, you can use Google and limit the results with the "site:pgmacros.invisionzone.com" parameter.

I do not think you can detect a null copy.

When one selects nothing to copy Windows will not empty the clipboard but as you pointed out keeps whatever was on there last. What I do is empty the clipboard before the copy command. Then use the If Clipboard equals “”. IE the field is blank.

Meanwhile, can anyone remind me how I detect that I've just copied a 'null' or 'empty' value to the clipboard please? ... After such a copy (with TextType Ctl+c) my clipboard always contains whatever the last 'proper' string was.

Here is how I do it:

Clipboard Empty

Clipboard Cut

' Add short delay

If Clipboard Equals ""

' Do this

Else

' Do that

End if