Macro Express Forums

Just Upgraded to Pro, Does anyone know how to change preferences to Original ME3?

Ex: In the original Macros Express 3, when you Activate a "Pop Up Menu", it will list macros that you can choose from.

1. In Original ME3, you just click 0, 1, 2, 3 etc and the macro starts

In ME3 Pro, you have to ex: click 0, 1, or 2 etc + and press enter

Does anyone know how to change it so you don't have to press enter?

2. Also in Original ME3, you can press ESC key to exit out of the "Pop up menu"

In ME3 Pro, you have to press "Alt+F4"

Is there a way to make ESC close the "Pop up menu" in ME3 Pro?

You must have some sort of problem.

1. I can enter escape on my popup menus.
  2. I do not have to click enter on any of my pop-up menus.

I don’t know why yours isn’t working. The only thought I had was that you are using a Floating Menu instead of a Pop-up Menu. Check your activations menu in Macro Explorer to check this. If not you should start an incident with ISS on their support page. They are very responsive.

• 2 weeks later...
You must have some sort of problem.

1. I can enter escape on my popup menus.
  2. I do not have to click enter on any of my pop-up menus.

I don’t know why yours isn’t working. The only thought I had was that you are using a Floating Menu instead of a Pop-up Menu. Check your activations menu in Macro Explorer to check this. If not you should start an incident with ISS on their support page. They are very responsive.

Thank you for your response Cory and sorry for late reply. And yes I am using the Pop-Up menu VS Floating Menu.

I looked into your answer and I think I found out where the issue is coming from:

Its in the Pop-Up Menu Options:

1) Edit Pop-Up Menu

2) Miscellaneous Tab

3) Menu Style Options

Menu Style Options:

1)Windows Default: Allows you to press ESC to exit out of menu + doesn't require pressing ENTER

2) Nickname and Scope: This is the one I prefer and use. Although with this Menu Style comes the issue. This menu style requires an ENTER + ESC doesn't work.

Are you able to use Nickname and Scope without the issues that I am running into?

(ESC not working, and need to hit ENTER to launch macro)

Anyhow I will contact ISS and see if they can fix this issue as you have suggested....

Ex: In the original Macros Express 3, when you Activate a "Pop Up Menu", it will list macros that you can choose from.

1. In Original ME3, you just click 0, 1, 2, 3 etc and the macro starts

In ME3 Pro, you have to ex: click 0, 1, or 2 etc + and press enter

Does anyone know how to change it so you don't have to press enter?

Like Cory, I don't get that behaviour. Here, I can click the entry (or type its accelerator) and the macro runs immediately.

2. Also in Original ME3, you can press ESC key to exit out of the "Pop up menu"

In ME3 Pro, you have to press "Alt+F4"

Is there a way to make ESC close the "Pop up menu" in ME3 Pro?

I confirm that. I usually activate a macro from the pop-up menu, which simultaneously close the menu, so I'd never noticed that before. On the few occasions that I decided to close it, I normally just click its 'X' button.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Half right.

With Nick Name and Scope Escape does not close the box. This might be by design. However double clicking a macro or entering it’s letter instantly executes the macro and closes the box without having to hit Enter.

Half right.

With Nick Name and Scope Escape does not close the box. This might be by design. However double clicking a macro or entering it’s letter instantly executes the macro and closes the box without having to hit Enter.

Hi Cory,

yes it seems that there is something wrong with my Macros Express because it Does require me to press enter.

I am wondering if this problem / bug has anything to do with using Original Macro Express 3's MEX file and upgrading it to a Pro .MEX file...

Half right.

With Nick Name and Scope Escape does not close the box. This might be by design. However double clicking a macro or entering it's letter instantly executes the macro and closes the box without having to hit Enter.

Cory,

It's often not immediately clear to me to whom you're replying. Could you use the quote feature, or just start with the poster's name?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

This issue has been assigned the tracking number [iSS7997]. If you provided a valid email address when you submitted your bug report you received an automated acknowledgement message. From your description this sounds like a difference, not necessarily a bug. We will investigate.

If you want a back and forth conversation about this or any other issue, please contact Insight Software Support directly.

BINGO. I've figured out what happened:

Basically, I've been changing the macro launch buttons to 0-9 numerics versus default A B C D E etc etc. Now pressing 0-9 using the regular number on the keyboard works without pressing ENTER. However, I've been using the keypad's 0-9 on the right side of the keyboard.

In the Original Macro Express 3 it worked fine. However, for some reason in the new macro express 4 Pro version you need to press ENTER after using 0-9 keypad numbers. I am wondering if there is a way to make the 0-9 from the keypad work without ENTER.

I hope this is a fixable "bug?"