Macro Express Forums

Screen Updating

So, I have a script that works no problem. I would like to hide its activity though. Is there any way to pause screen updating until the macro has completed? Either with another program, or macro express pro itself?

On a side note - I'm not even sure if the macro will continue working with the display frozen. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, I have a script that works no problem. I would like to hide its activity though. Is there any way to pause screen updating until the macro has completed? Either with another program, or macro express pro itself?

On a side note - I'm not even sure if the macro will continue working with the display frozen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Judging by the number of replies this post received, either the problem is unsolveable or nobody knows what the problem is. I know I don't.

Could you explain the nature of what you're doing and what you're trying to accomplish a little clearer?

Judging by the number of replies this post received, either the problem is unsolveable or nobody knows what the problem is.

And I expect that some readers thought "Well, if he can't make the effort to provide full details of the requirement ... ".

But then it hasn't yet been two days since the post appeared.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Didn't think specifics were needed. I've got a macro that pulls strings out of a website and puts it in Excel. I have that part working fine. In VBA for instance, in the middle of a macro, you can 'turn off screen updating'. Typically it increases performance, as well as locks the display of Excel.

I am trying to run the same thing within my macro. So it can open excel, input the information, save/close the file and refocus the website without any screen updating, so the users couldn't see the information being put into excel.

Thanks,

Joe

Didn't think specifics were needed. I've got a macro that pulls strings out of a website and puts it in Excel. I have that part working fine. In VBA for instance, in the middle of a macro, you can 'turn off screen updating'. Typically it increases performance, as well as locks the display of Excel.

I am trying to run the same thing within my macro. So it can open excel, input the information, save/close the file and refocus the website without any screen updating, so the users couldn't see the information being put into excel.

Thanks,

Joe

Excel is the key word.

I never got to do anything with screen updating in Excel (never had anything to do with internal MS Office macros), therefore "screen updating" not used in the connection with Excel meant nothing to me. I know what you're talking about now, however I can't be of any help here.

You'll need to use AutoIt or VbScript to get the handle of Macro Express, or the application you wish to control, e.g. Excel, then use the Windows API to invoke LockWindowUpdate twice, once to lock and once to release.

And I expect that some readers thought "Well, if he can't make the effort to provide full details of the requirement ... ".

This was my reaction. My time is short so I didn't have time to play 20 questions. I was hoping someone else would and I'd respond when the waters cleared.