Macro Express Forums

Mouse Locator puzzle

I use the Mouse Locator frequently so I have a hotkey macro assigned to it:

<PROGRAM LAUNCH Path="C:\\Program Files\\Macro Express Pro\\MSLocate.exe" Mode="\x00" Default_Path="FALSE" Wait="1" Get_Console="FALSE"/>

Does anyone know why that only displays the decimal value of the pixel colour please? If instead I run Mouse Locator from within ME Pro, I get to see the hex value too. As I'm currently trying to write some simple scripts with AutoHotkey (which appear to use only hex values), I need that. Is there perhaps some command setting I can apply to MSLocate.exe?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

When I use Macro Express, I use the Mouse Locator tool. When I use AutoHotkey, I use its Spy feature.

But apart from being less compact AU3_Spy is rather slow. Here, it takes several seconds to appear (from hotkey macro activation), and even then is initially 'dormant'. Whereas my macro launches MSLocate in a fraction of a second, and it immediately displays position and pixel colour. My new macro that runs ME Pro > Tools > Launch Mouse Locator, for when I need the hex colour, also takes about 4-5 seconds, most of which is for opening and closing ME Pro Explorer.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK