Macro Express Forums

Outline view

The new version of IP.Board contains new and updated features including some that help moderators. We decided to upgrade so we could use these new features. We did not ask about outline view. Your question was forwarded to Invision support. This is their response:

Unfortunately, the outline view has indeed been removed in more recent versions of IP.Board. It was felt that this method was not in frequent enough use to warrant the large performance drop and maintenance that was associated with keeping it included.

--

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Typical Fisher-Price. Make everything look like Facebook, add useless popularity features ("Like This" Pfft.) and take away useful features. So far I really haven't seen anything that I would consider an improvement. Oh well.

The new version of IP.Board contains new and updated features including some that help moderators. We decided to upgrade so we could use these new features. We did not ask about outline view. Your question was forwarded to Invision support. This is their response:

We also seem to have lost the ability to remember where we were in a thread - in other words, this forum used to scroll down to the 1st unread message in a thread (useful if there are lots of messages).

This is so typical of software development these days - ignorance reigns supreme.

I like how my graphic stretches and still looks OK. Why would they use the same graphic with different aspect ratios? Glad it wasn't a pic of my face!

To be fair there are probably some cool feature I just haven't discovered yet. Perhaps the forum moderators who have reviewed the update prior to application could give us a "What's new" tour.