Macro Express Forums

Exact Windows Title Activation & Shortkeys

Lars_Sandberg

Hi, in an application, I want ME 3.501 to activate automatically when a window only with the

exact title: "save" appears. For now ME activates on any window, where the word "save" is

included in the title bar. Is there any way to do that for an exact match?

At least during the scope option, my macro only runs when an specific application is on top.

Another thing, after I began to use ME 3.501, occasionally my shortkeys won't react (no other

macro is running), then maybe 1 hour later, they work fine again. I use Win XP SP1a

--

Best regards

Lars

It is really annoying when almost all window manipulation commands (activate, hide, close etc) do not allow "Exact Window Title Only". The situations, where allowing partial window names is a real nuisance, are not so very infrequent.

Makers of Macro Express: is there some good workaround, or can we expect to see this "Exact Window Title Only'-option in later versions of ME?

try the Tools / Restore Keyboard Hooks command ?

Hi, in options I have tagged: "Auto Restore Keyboard Hooks" on plus, I tried the menu you also suggested, and in some cases (as far as I remember) ME just won't accept my shortkeys, and then for example 10 minutes after they work normally again.

regards Lars

Hello Lars!

Could there be another application running that is not Macro Express that may be intercepting the keystrokes? Maybe something that runs in the background? Does this happen on another workstation? Is the problem centered around particular ShortKeys or any ShortKey? When the ShortKeys are knocked out, do HotKeys still work?

Hi Joe. No i'm typing in the topwindow (MS Access database, Outlook etc.). My hotkeys works normally, also when my shortkeys are dead.

I have seen this on 2 computers, that means my own with Win 2000 Pro & ME 3.4b and on my work, Win XP & ME 3.501.

Some times, but not always, the activation of a hotkey wakes the shortkeys to work again.

regards Lars

• 5 months later...
Hi Joe. No i'm typing in the topwindow (MS Access database, Outlook etc.). My hotkeys works normally, also when my shortkeys are dead.

I have seen this on 2 computers, that means my own with Win 2000 Pro & ME 3.4b and on my work, Win XP & ME 3.501.

Some times, but not always, the activation of a hotkey wakes the shortkeys to work again.

regards Lars

I also have the same problem of sporadically inactive shortkeys. My shortkeys are activated without prefix or suffix requirements, and I use Win2K with version 3.5c ME.

I will run into issues where no shortkeys will function (often for several minutes) and then suddenly start working again. No combination of opening/saving macros, restoring keybd hooks manually, etc. seems to do any good. This will happen in Wordpad, PowerTerm, other applications. (And yes, I did check the ME icon in the tray for the running man to confirm no macro is already running and blocking the shortkey activation.)

:unsure:

I have the same issue with ME 3.5c and W2K. Restore Keyboard Hooks doesn't resolve the problem. Restarting ME fixes the issue but sometimes it reoccurs rather quickly while other times it may not happen until the next day. I thought maybe it was something wrong with m computer but seems as if others are having the same problem. I never experienced this with previouse versions.