Macro Express Forums

Crash 30% of times I stop the macro.

Hello,

I use a macro with a lot of modules (other macros but with the option "wait this macro to end to continue"), and sometimes when I stop the macro, I get a 3 sec global freeze and this error message :

2018_08_18_105316.jpg

2018_08_18_105322.jpg

It's rly annoying. If I clic ok, MEP quit, if not, I still can use it... But it's like worrisome. 

I assume you mean you forcefully "stop the macro" manually?

Although in theory I suppose it should be possible to do so without any adverse effects, I'm not too surprised that a complex macro gets into trouble with the other OS stuff going on in a modern PC. So my three pence worth (approx 2 cents these days) is to either desist from premature termination or build some safer method into your macro.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

The crash is happening in the DLL, not MEP. It could well be that it's corrupt, you have bad memory, or any of a number of things. You should request support from ISS but I think it's more likely something in your system. If it were me I'd run ChkDsk and a hard drive diagnostic. Then I'd test your memory. Windows has a built in tool for this. I'd also run SFC

Here is a good guide. I'm not read it all but it sounds like most of the things I would try.