Macro Express Forums

Macro Playback Speed will not SLOW speed

I converted my ME 3.5.5.2 macro to ME PRO version 4.1.6.1. In the ME 3 version I had a Macro Playback Speed commant that was 10 times Slower than Normal. When it is converted into ME Pro is shows as being 0.33 times faster than normal. Can someone explain how this command works in ME Pro. I have read the help document for the command but it doesn't seem to work like the documents show it should.

Can someone explain this to me and give me an idea as to how to have the macro slow down it's speed?

Thanks

Sorry I don't have more time to help ATM but I have two suggestions. First update to the current version 4.2.2.1 and second contact ISS support as they are very helpful.

It might be a bit counter intuitive because the higher the number, the slower the speed with the Macro Playback Speed command in the Macro Control section. That's because this command is to multiply DELAYS.

Here's their explanation. Not sure if this answers your question but this is how I do it:

Macro Playback SpeedMultiply Delays By

To slow down the macro playback speed , place a number greater than one in the "Multiply Delays By" field. For example, placing a "4" in this field multiplies the delays by four, causing the macro to play back 4 times slower.

To speed up the macro, place a value less than one in the "Multiply Delays By" field. For example, placing 0.5 in this field cuts the delay in half, speeding up the macro by a factor of 2.

• 5 months later...

Hi Johnboy!

I've noticed the same problem, have you reported it as a bug? If not, you should.

In the help file for MEP Pro it says:

Macro Speed

The macro speed function is typically used with capturing (recording) a macro. The Macro Speed command occupies the first line of a recorded macro script. The speed factor is initially set for captured macros in the Capture preference settings.

With all the timing delays between each keystroke and mouse movement recorded, it may be advisable to speed up or slow down the macro. Double click on the Macro Speed command in the script to edit the speed factor.

Multiply Delays By

To slow down a macro, place a number greater than one in the Multiply Delays By field. For example, placing a 4 in this field causes the macro to play back 4 times slower. To speed up the macro, place a value less than one in the Multiply Delays By field. For example, placing 0.5 in this field speeds up the macro by a factor of 2, using 0.25 by a factor of 4, etc.

Macro Speed

The macro speed function is typically used with capturing (recording) a macro. The Macro Speed command occupies the first line of a recorded macro script. The speed factor is initially set for captured macros in the Capture preference settings.

With all the timing delays between each keystroke and mouse movement recorded, it may be advisable to speed up or slow down the macro. Double click on the Macro Speed command in the script to edit the speed factor.

Multiply Delays By

To slow down a macro, place a number greater than one in the Multiply Delays By field. For example, placing a 4 in this field causes the macro to play back 4 times slower. To speed up the macro, place a value less than one in the Multiply Delays By field. For example, placing 0.5 in this field speeds up the macro by a factor of 2, using 0.25 by a factor of 4, etc.

When trying to slow down as in the example it doesn't work. When writing 4 ( <MACRO PLAYBACK SPEED Speed="4"/> ) it says: Macro Playback Speed: 0,25 times faster than normal in the script.

When trying to slow down as in the example it doesn't work. When writing 4 ( <MACRO PLAYBACK SPEED Speed="4"/> ) it says: Macro Playback Speed: 0,25 times faster than normal in the script.

The Macro Playback Speed command only changes the delays in your macro. If you have no delays, the speed will not change.

If you have questions about this I recommend you contact Insight's support people. They are very responsive to direct requests.

The Macro Playback Speed command only changes the delays in your macro. If you have no delays, the speed will not change.

Do you mean that there is a differens between how ME3 and ME PRO works? Maybe there is some changes in ME PRO but it should not set the macro to run faster when converting. So therefor I see it as a bug.

In ME3 it worked as Johny described.

In the ME 3 version I had a Macro Playback Speed commant that was 10 times Slower than Normal. When it is converted into ME Pro is shows as being 0.33 times faster than normal.

My point was to verify his observation and to check if he has reported it as a bug or else I can do so. I think the hole idea with this forum is to discuss different matters and to first check if there is something that didn't get right in the script, before posting issues to Insight.

Regards.

Do you mean that there is a differens between how ME3 and ME PRO works? Maybe there is some changes in ME PRO but it should not set the macro to run faster when converting. So therefor I see it as a bug.

I did not see a problem when I converted a macro from Macro Express 3 to Macro Express Pro. If you did then please post an example. Or, better yet, send it to Insight support.