Delay: 1 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes):  <KEYU:VK_TAB>
Delay: 4 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): your Password

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes):  <KEYD:VK_TAB>
Delay: .5 seconds

Maybe a clue. It is interesting that your password was entered partially into two different fields. Here is another thing to try. Macro Express can "type" much faster than you can. 😃 What I have been trying to suggest is to slow things down. Maybe you also need to slow down the keystrokes between the characters of your name and password.

If I recall correctly, when using a 3270 emulator, each keystroke is accepted by the emulator, sent to the host (IBM mainframe computer) and then sent back to the emulator to be displayed (or something like that).

Try something like this. This will be very slow! It is only a test to see if slowing things down helps the emulator and host recognize the keystrokes. Try it and tell us exactly what you see.

Keystroke Speed: 500 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): UserName
Delay: 2 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <KEYD:VK_TAB>
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <KEYU:VK_TAB>
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): Password

I'll try again. I think last time I just put 2 second delays between everything. But I had not tried slowing the actual keystrokes. I'm prepared to try anything but I can say I got wind of ME, because other people used it for the same system. And it enters keys just fine prior. Again willing to try anything but it in no way registered the key up/down portion earlier.. 

Will reply back. 

9 minutes ago, Samrae said:

So, add a tab:

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): your User Name
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): your Password

Delay: .5 seconds

Maybe a clue. It is interesting that your password was entered partially into two different fields. Here is another thing to try. Macro Express can "type" much faster than you can. 😃 What I have been trying to suggest is to slow things down. Maybe you also need to slow down the keystrokes between the characters of your name and password.

If I recall correctly, when using a 3270 emulator, each keystroke is accepted by the emulator, sent to the host (IBM mainframe computer) and then sent back to the emulator to be displayed (or something like that).

Try something like this. This will be very slow! It is only a test to see if slowing things down helps the emulator and host recognize the keystrokes. Try it and tell us exactly what you see.

Keystroke Speed: 500 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): UserName
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): Password

Also, I'm pretty sure the field just had a character limit so continued down below.- WAIT. If it continued down below you'd think it wouldn't consider it a separate field.. and yet, when I TAB normally with my keyboard it does indeed work.. hmm..

58 minutes ago, acantor said:

When scripting macros for a mainframe application, I had similar problems until I slowed down either the "Repeat delay" or the "Repeat rate" in Control Panel > Keyboard Properties.

Okay, I'll give this a try.. but what is the "repeat" that it's slowing? I'm not repeating anything.

1 hour ago, acantor said:

When scripting macros for a mainframe application, I had similar problems until I slowed down either the "Repeat delay" or the "Repeat rate" in Control Panel > Keyboard Properties.

This didnt solve it.. however.. what did work was entering two spaces after my user name, and then as I typed my password it started on that second line. 

Thing of it is though, it doesnt really solve the problem and wont help in the subsequent menus. This macro is really just getting started.  

On 6/1/2020 at 6:37 AM, iconoglasses said:

UWP- Universal Windows Apps? Why would those fail?

UWP is a completely new architecture and doesn' tuse WinForms. Also it's designed not to let automation programs enter text and do thing to be more secure. Unfortunately the way some malware works is similar to MEP.

This app doens't looke like UWP. 

On 6/1/2020 at 7:12 AM, iconoglasses said:

Okay, it's inside Mocha 3270

According to their site "Enables you to record scripts in VB Script or Jscript to automate routine host activity". Why don't you use their automation facilities? A million years ago, I made myself very popular by creating automation scripts in ProComm which is a generic terminal emulator. 

Can you do something basic? If it were me I'd create a HotKey macro that did <TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<TAB>"/> and a beep. Type into the first field then activate that macro. Make it in a new macro.

Don't try using controls. I don't think they will be useful in an application like this in any case. Make sure you don't have a scope problem by eliminating all scopes. 

1 hour ago, Cory said:

UWP is a completely new architecture and doesn' tuse WinForms. Also it's designed not to let automation programs enter text and do thing to be more secure. Unfortunately the way some malware works is similar to MEP.

This app doens't looke like UWP. 

Oh well.. this is definitely NOT new either. Site says it came out when Win 95 was out lol

1 hour ago, Cory said:

Can you do something basic? If it were me I'd create a HotKey macro that did <TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<TAB>"/> and a beep. Type into the first field then activate that macro. Make it in a new macro.

Don't try using controls. I don't think they will be useful in an application like this in any case. Make sure you don't have a scope problem by eliminating all scopes. 

The control only seems capable of grabbing whatever default field is available. It definitely grabs the app suucessfully but either I dont know how or cant grab specific parts of it. 

Ill try the hotkey idea.

And how do I remove scopes?

See if running Macro Express as Administrator helps.

If Mocha 3270 was written that long ago it may be running in some Windows Compatibility mode. Macro Express may need to be running as Administrator to work correctly with a program running in a compatibility mode.

22 hours ago, iconoglasses said:

And how do I remove scopes?

When you're in the Script Editor editing commands you're in the Script tab. Change to the Scope tab. Use the Current Scope listbox and select Global.